Most of the research work of our CEO and Chief Medical Advisor, Prof. Nikola Pavlovic, can be found at: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Nikola_Pavlovic
Review of Prof Pavlovic work on TV (in Serbia, with English captions):
Prof. Pavlovic references are listed here:
- Pavlović NM, Savić V, Stefanović V. Aseptic osteonecrosis of the femoral head in patients with kidney transplants (case report and a review of the literature). Acta Med Iugosl 1981;35(4):269-76. (in Serbian)
- Stefanović V, Kostić SM, Cvetković A, Pavlović NM. Pregnancy after kidney transplantation. Srp Arh Celok Lek 1983;111(5):637-44. (in Serbian)
- N M Pavlovic, S Malik, M K Chan, Z Varghese, Jahm Persaud, J F Moorhead. The Influence of High Fat Diet on the Proteinuria in Puromycin Induced Nephrotic Syndrome in Rats. Clinical Science 66(6):26P.1-26P, JUNEE 1984.
- Pavlović NM, Varghese Z, Persaud JW, Stefanović V, Strahinjić S, Savić V, Moorehead JF. Partial lecithin:cholesterol acyltransferase (LCAT) deficiency in Balkan endemic nephropathy. Kidney Int Suppl 1991;34:S102-4.
- Stefanović V, Mitić-Zlatković M, Cukuranović R, Miljković P, Pavlović NM, Vlahović P. Beta 2-microglobulin in patients with Balkan nephropathy and in healthy members of their families. Kidney Int Suppl 1991;34:S21-6.
- Bunnell JE, Tatu CA, Lerch HE, Orem WH, Pavlovic N. Evaluating nephrotoxicity of high-molecular-weight organic compounds in drinking water from lignite aquifers. J Toxicol Environ Health A 2007;70(24):2089-91.
- Orem W, Tatu C, Pavlovic N, Bunnell J, Lerch H, Paunescu V, Ordodi V, Flores D, Corum M, Bates A. Health effects of toxic organic substances from coal: toward “panendemic” nephropathy. Ambio 2007;36(1):98-102.
- Schiller A, Gusbeth-Tatomir P, Pavlovic N, Ferluga D, Spasovski G, Covic A. Balkan endemic nephropathy: a still unsolved puzzle. J Nephrol 2008;21(5):673-80.
- Pavlovic NM, Orem WH, Tatu CA, Lerch HE, Bunnell JE, Feder GL, Kostic EN, Ordodi VL. The role of lecithin cholesterol acyltransferase and organic substances from coal in the etiology of Balkan endemic nephropathy: a new hypothesis. Food Chem Toxicol 2008;46(3):949-54. Epub 2007 Nov 4.
- E. B. Okona, J. Hranisavljevica, N. Pavlovic, B. Mitid, R. Strahinjid, D. Vucelic, and Yu. G. Kaminsky. Diurnal Fluctuations of Protein Contents and the pH Dependence of b2-Microglobulin Stability in Urine. Biology Bulletin, 2008, Vol. 35, No. 1, pp. 37–42.
- Frezza D, Serone E, Lolli S, Cianci R, D’Addabbo P, Mattioli C, Giambra V, Pavlovic N, Djordjevic V, Kostic S, Pandolfi F, and Kostic E. Balkan Endemic Nephropathy risk associates to the hs1.2 Ig enhancer polymorphism. European Journal of Inflamation, 2012; 10(3):393-403.
- Nikola M. Pavlovic. Balkan endemic nephropathy – Current status and future perspectives. Clinical Kidney Journal 6(3):257-65 June 2013.
- Bojan Jelakovic, Jovan Nikolic, Zoran Radovanovic, Joelle Nortier, Jean-Pierre Cosyns, Arthur P Grollman, Nikolina Basic-Jukic et al. Consensus statement on screening, diagnosis, classification and treatment of endemic (Balkan) nephropathy. Neprology Dialysis Transplantation 29(11) October 2013.
- Lynn M. Crosby, Calin A. Tatu, Nikola Pavlovic, and William H. Orem. The continuing medical mystery of Balkan endemic nephropathy. Journal of Rare Disorders, Vol. 3, Issue 2, 2015.
- Nikola M. Pavlovic, Vuk Maksimovic, Jelena D. Maksimovic, William H. Orem, Calin A. Tatu, Harry E. Lerch, Joseph E. Bunnell, Emina N. Kostic, Diana N. Szilagyi, Virgil Paunescu. Erratum to: Possible health impacts of naturally occurring uptake of aristolochic acids by maize and cucumber roots: links to the etiology of endemic (Balkan) nephropathy. Environ Geochem Health (2013) 35:417.
- CK, Liu Y, Pavlović NM1, Chan W. Etiology of Balkan Endemic Nephropathy: An Update on Chan W, Pavlović NM, Li W, Chan CK, Liu J, Deng K, Wang Y, Milosavljević B, Kostić EN. Quantitation of Aristolochic Acids in Corn, Wheat Grain, and Soil Samples Collected in Serbia: Identifying a Novel Exposure Pathway in the Etiology of Balkan Endemic Nephropathy. J Agric Food Chem. 2016 Jul 27;64(29):5928-34.
- Gruia AT, Oprean C, Ivan A, Cean A, Cristea M, Draghia L, Damiescu R, Pavlovic NM, Paunescu V, Tatu CA. Balkan endemic nephropathy and aristolochic acid I: an investigation into the role of soil and soil organic matter contamination, as a potential natural exposure pathway. Environ Geochem Health. 2018 Aug;40(4):1437-1448.
- Li W, Chan CK, Liu Y, Yao J1, Mitić B2, Kostić EN, Milosavljević B, Davinić I, Orem WH, Tatu CA, Dedon PC, Pavlović NM, Chan W. Aristolochic Acids as Persistent Soil Pollutants: Determination of Risk for Human Exposure and Nephropathy from Plant Uptake. J Agric Food Chem. 2018 Oct 31;66(43):11468-11476.
- Chi-Kong Chan, Yushuo Liu, Nikola M. Pavlović, and Wan Chan. Etiology of Balkan Endemic Nephropathy: An Update on Aristolochic Acids Exposure Mechanisms. Chemical Research in Toxicology 2018 31 (11), 1109-1110
- Balkan endemic nephropathy and aristolochic acid I: an investigation into the role of soil and soil organic matter contamination, as a potential natural exposure pathway. Gruia, Alexandra T; Oprean, Camelia; Ivan, Alexandra; Cean, Ada; Cristea, Mirabela; et al.Environmental Geochemistry and Health; Kew Vol. 40, Iss. 4, (Aug 2018)
- Development of a novel liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometric method for aristolochic acids detection: Application in food and agricultural soil analyses Chi-Kong Chan, Nikola M. Pavlović, Wan Chan
- Aristolochic Acids: Newly Identified Exposure Pathways of this Class of Environmental and Food-Borne Contaminants and its Potential Link to Chronic Kidney Diseases. Chi-Kong Chan, Yushuo Liu, Nikola M. Pavlović, and Wan Chan, Toxics. 2019 Mar; 7(1): 14.
- Balkan Endemic Nephropathy and the Causative Role of Aristolochic Acid. Jelaković B, Dika Ž, Arlt VM, Stiborova M, Pavlović NM, Nikolić J, Colet JM, Vanherweghem JL, Nortier JL. Semin Nephrol. 2019 May;39(3):284-296.
- Liquid chromatography–tandem mass spectrometry analysis of aristolochic acids in soil samples collected from Serbia: Link to Balkan endemic nephropathy. Chi‐Kong Chan, K.K. Jason Chan, Nikola M. Pavlović, Wan Chan. Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom. 2019;1–8. First published: 07 August 2019.
- Etiology of Balkan Endemic Nephropathy: An Update on Aristolochic Acids Exposure Mechanisms. Chi-Kong Chan, Yushuo Liu, Nikola M. Pavlovic, and Wan Chan. Chem. Res. Toxicol. 2018, 31, 1109−1110.
Selected papers can be downloaded here: